Monday, April 21, 2008

Working from Home

Our office is closed today. To quote the email I received this morning:

Our building is shedding its winter coat. Over the weekend, a few of the glass panels have been blown off the outside of building and a few others look like they my come down with an intense wind. As a result, our building is closed for repair.

Luckily (I guess), I brought my laptop home with me when we left early on Friday. Oh, we all left the office on Friday about 2 1/2 hours early due to a power outage that affected our whole area. Lights on Colorado Blvd were out, and while we waited for news as to how to respond, we watched out the window as cars tried to navigate the intersections (very entertaining). There was also some commotion at Barnes & Noble as 6 firetrucks pulled up. We never found out what that was about, nor were we close enough to really get a good look at the firemen. Bummer.

So, I've been home all day... "working". Apparently this takes more discipline than I'm capable of. HGTV has been on all day, but my brain hasn't. My computer has been on, and I've only accomplished a fraction of what I thought I would by this time. Currently, I have a bowl of left-over Mac 'n Cheese on the table, reheated and ready to eat... Our cute dog is sitting at my feet, sighing that I haven't taken him outside to play (he's been out, just not playing with me); and I'm watching out the window for the expected plumber to come fix our pipes in the basement (another story for another time, if you're really bored.) So while I've set up my blog, gone through the mail, and taken my sweet time getting ready today (oh, and I snuck in a chapter of my new Jodi Picoult book)... I haven't really worked. Let's just hope my boss doesn't stumble across this post!

Oh great, I just got this email: FYI...the office has re-opened.

Do you think they expect us to rush right in? I hope not.


4 comments:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Sweet! Dibs on the first comment!

Considering I was just on the phone with you for the last hour, I know you've hardly done any work! Read THAT, Abby's boss! :)

Amy said...

So, you're not still working from home...UPDATE already!! :)

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

I just tried calling you at home. Apparently you're not working today. Huh.

Sarah said...

Ok lady it is time for an update! I need new material to read:)