Sunday, April 3, 2011

Thinking about preganancy photos...

I'm contemplating the idea of pregnancy photos... I think I really want to do them, but I also want to do them right.  I've seen some that are really beautiful, and I've seen some that are hideous.  I won't call you out in the latter category, rather I'll send you here: http://pregnantchicken.squarespace.com/pregnant-chicken-blog/2010/12/10/awkward-pregnancy-photos.htmlViewer discretion is advised!  LOL.

My sister took her daughter, who turned 4 just two weeks before becoming a big sister, and did adorable pictures together at Portrait Innovations.  I love the way hers turned out!  But I wanted to do outdoor shots (seeing that Spring is right around the corner and we're expecting a Summer baby.) 

So here are my questions:
  • Where to take the pictures?
  • WHEN to do them (how soon before delivery?)  I still want to look pretty, not just HUGE.
  • How much is a reasonable amount to spend?  On the sitting fee?  On purchasing the photos?
  • What if I don't like them??????
If anyone has recommendations, I'm all ears.  I have friends and  friends of friends that have their own photography business, but I just don't know THE person to go to.  HELP!!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

In Denver I've had these two photogs recommended for sessions: http://www.vibrantlifephotograpy.com/ http://www.farrahjoblingphotography.com/ and I've heard do it in the 7th month... you want to be pretty big but not uncomfortable. Good luck if you decide to do it!

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

I'd recommend Amy. She's an excellent photographer. Need proof? Check out this post, and scroll to the last picture of me pregnant. Who catches a candid moment like that? http://flibbertigibberish.blogspot.com/2008/07/wait-so-when-are-olympics-again.html

I never had professional photos taken (I mean, aside from Amy, of course). I have no regrets about that... but that means I have no advice for you either! I always like looking at the ones people have done though. :)

Bowdey said...

We had friends do them who are professional photographers (www.fusephotographic.com) and LOVED them! We did them outside...they knew of a fun rustic barn and some pretty mountain shots. We had a lot of fun doing them! I'm pretty sure I was 7 1/2 or 8 months prego...I SO love them and am SO glad I did them, so even if it's just a friend...take some! You'll love them!

I will say that I wish I would have taken some with just a tube top on so you could see more belly. I felt too self conscious to do it but now I so wish I had. I took a couple where I just pushed my shirt up, but your belly is so fun and I feel like I missed not having belly pics once I wasn't prego...it's just such a neat time!

Amy said...

I'll be happy to take them...I'll even do another labor shot and maybe even throw in some water for effect! LOL!

Do them...you won't regret it!