Saturday, June 21, 2008

Our cat's a squirrel!!

Ohhh, how I wish I were kidding. So, here's the story...

John took our cat (we'll call him "GTC" to protect his identity) to the groomers to get his claws cut (because we'd prefer to skip the trip to the ER if we did it ourselves) and to have the clumps of matted fur cut out/shaved. The woman at the groomers asked John if he wanted her to comb them out, but he explained that it would be a disaster if she tried. Somewhere along the way, she decided that he would "look silly" with just his rump and thighs shaved (note: they've done this many a time)... So (as if this makes sense to anyone else!) she shaved him--COMPLETELY!!! From NECK to TAIL. WHAT!?!?! (And she didn't even do a very good job of it, either!)

My husband sent me pictures of our no-longer-long-haired-feline while I was at work Friday...and I cried. Our beautiful cat is now shaved, ashamed, and a very sad sight. I am appalled that the groomer made this decision herself, and I will not take my business there again.

We paid $70 (no tip) for them to do this to our cat. $70. If I wanted him shaved (which we didn't!!) I would have done it myself. I will be going by tomorrow night to have a conversation with the owner, and I hope to get my money back as well. I don't feel that we should have to pay for that. My poor kitty (Angie, stop laughing) is not the same. Not only does he look like a rat, he's skittish, cold, and embarrassed. Who can blame him? I feel so bad for my baby, I've been spoiling him as much as I can.

Oh, here are pictures: Before & After "The Haircut"
BEFORE

Isn't he handsome!?!

I love(d) that furry tummy.


...and AFTER


Does anyone else think he looks mad?

Hey I'm not the one that did this to you!!

I know Gussers, it's humiliating. I still love you.

1 comment:

Mo said...

Try as I might to read this post with an open mind and a sympathetic heart, I just can't do it. This is absolutely hilarious! And the look on his face just makes it funnier, he definitely looks ticked.

I'm sorry for the loss of your cat's fur. But thank you for brightening my night by including pictures :)