Monday, June 16, 2008

Smoke 'n fries

So... I had Arby's for lunch, and the sandwich was fantastic. They got my drink order wrong, and the fries weren't very hot.

But, that's not the worst part about the trip. As I was pulling up to order, an employee walked out the door right by my car, then walked around the building and lit up a cigarette. I didn't smell it until I had to pull around the building (and stop) and she was RIGHT there. I rolled up my window and gave her a dirty look while doing so. I HATE the smell of smoke. She was standing right next to the drive-up lane! When I pulled up to the window, I handed the guy my card and said, "Quick question for ya... Is your staff supposed to stand in the drive-up lane to take their smoke breaks?" He repeated my question as if I'd just presented him with a complicated physics equation, and said, "Well, no. Where was this person?" I said, "Right behind the building, and I rolled up my window since I was stopped there and didn't want to smell the smoke right before I eat my lunch." He said he could understand that, asked male/female (female) and said that he'd report it to the manager. I thanked him, he smiled (a cheesy/creepy smile as if I was satisfied now) and I drove away.

As I pulled into work, I tasted my Dr. Pepper, which was actually Diet Coke. Strike two.
Then, I unloaded my lunch on my desk, and bit into a cold curly fry. Strike three.

Bummer. At least the sandwich was yummy!

1 comment:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

What a positive post.

When I saw a new post to your blog today, I guess I thought it would be tear-jerking tribute to your big sisser on her birthday. *sigh* Boy, was I wrong. There's always next year...

By the way, Gary refuses to eat at Arby's because he got food poisoning there. In junior high. Maybe not quite that long ago, but he won't touch it. So it could've been worse for you?!