Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thanks for the weather

I woke up late this morning--if it had been a workday, that is. I loved sleeping through the alarm (oh wait, that isn't new...) and snuggling in the warm covers with my hubby. He LOVES to sleep with the windows open on frosty night such as these, so I oblige. After all, I get to snuggle him a little closer when it's oh-so-cold. He's a heater when he sleeps!

So as the sun started to come up, we figured we should too. Or at least John, did. He went to the window and blurted, "Whoa! It's brr cold out!" I wasn't surprised, now shivering since he opened the covers, but deep down inside, I was really glad. I knew the cold was coming (he was out of town the last few days, which means he doesn't watch the local weather forecast), and I was sure happy about it! Who wouldn't love a cold Saturday inside trying to stay cozy together! Whether I got anything done around the house today--which I did--or watched other people spruce up their housese on HGTV, I was happy to stay in.

Most of my happiness comes from the wet and frost that Mother Nature brought today. John owns a local lawn care business, and is usually gone for most of Saturday mowing lawns around town. He loves his customers, and is great at how he tends their lawns, but it makes quality and productive time together a bit hard. Sometimes I help him, sometimes I stay home and do chores and run errands. So today, I was just happy to be with John. He'll be going out of town tomorrow morning (just for a two day trip), and I'll try again to be productive on another cold Colorado day. So thanks, Mother Nature. I for one appreciated the frost today!!

1 comment:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

I wish the weather determined Gary's schedule! That would be fun. :)