Saturday, February 12, 2011

No comment

I learned today that my posts are not up to par with my fellow bloggers (well, my sisters anyway).  Apparently I don't invoke a lot of thought or feeling that is deserving of a comment or two.

Well, that's okay.

I was hesitant about blogging in the first place, then I never knew what to write so I didn't (and got slack for that too)... and the truth is, I'm not writing for anyone in particular.  Yes, it feels good to get a comment or two, but honestly, I don't expect them. 

I often have a lot of thoughts about things and think, "that would be good to write about..." But then I don't.  So when I do take the time to sit down and get it out, it isn't for you.  Read it or don't.  Comment or don't.

I had a band teacher once who told us that practice didn't make perfect, it made permanent.  To relate that to blogging, I feel that if I practice writing more, I will improve (and maybe my subject matter will be more interesting too,) but maybe I'll get into more of a rhythm of blogging more interesting topics.

Until then, this is what you get. 

3 comments:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

LOL! Well oh my stinking heck! This one is comment worthy by way of GUILT!!! I wasn't knocking your blog posts, Ab! I was saying that I didn't know how to respond. Like for example, "Wow, Gus must've found a good hiding spot. Sorry he caused you so much stress." (Weak, huh?)

Blog posts don't need to be super deep or thought provoking. I'd say 95% of my blog posts are lame. Don't believe me? Try this one on for size: http://flibbertigibberish.blogspot.com/2008/12/just-thinkin.html

I love it when you post! Just keep practicing!?

Mo said...

Throw in a blurb or two about bathroom etiquette and you'll have my comments every time! I get so excited when I see a new one from you on my reader Abby... Keep 'em coming! :)

Abby said...

@Angie: "oh my stinking heck!"??? Okay, Pollyanna! :P Until this baby comes, pet stories are all I got... although I'm trying to write more. I know I'm not the first woman to have a baby, but I like writing about what I'm experiencing for the first time myself, so there you go. I hope it's okay.

@Molly, apparently the bathroom talk is not pleasing to my sisters, but I'm glad you like it! :) I have some driving etiquette (well, pet peeves) to pontificate as well, so maybe I'll get back on my soap box.