Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pucker up, baby!

Last night we celebrated my niece Kenzie's 4th birthday by going out to dinner with her Mom, Grandpa and Grandma.  First of all, I can't believe she's already FOUR (we have all told her to stop growing, but she just giggles).  Second of all, she is too stinking cute and silly!!!!  She is an absolute kick to hang out with and says and does the silliest things. 

After dinner, some of the staff came over to sing her the traditional Red Robin Birthday Song:
One! Two! Three! Four!
Happy birthday, have a happy birthday!
Happy birthday, have a happy day!
Do we have a birthday here?
YES we have a birthday here!
Birthday where?
Birthday here!
Ohhhh-ohhhhh-ohhhh-ohh...
Happy birthday, have a happy birthday!
Happy birthday, have a happy day--HEY!!

Kenzie was delighted at the song, the clapping, the attention... but most of all for the ice cream sundae that accompanies the cheer! Who could blame her?  And she was just telling us that she still had room for ice cream in her tummy (and even pointed to where).  My, I do love that girl.

Well, we couldn't let her celebrate alone... and since she had stirred her sundae to "soup," we ordered a Mile Hi Mud Pie for the table.  Yes please!!  After passing it back and forth (though when it stopped at Amy and I, my Mom felt it necessary to comment about two pregnant women eating ice cream.  Yeah, yeah yeah...) most of the chocolate and caramel from the plate made it's way to Kenzie's hands.

Amy and I took her to the bathroom to wash up, and while we waited for Amy, Kenzie turned to me and gave my belly a big SMOOCH and said "cute baby!"  I've had some pretty great moments during this pregnancy, but that single moment is definitely in my Top 10 so far.  I'm not sure I've felt anything sweeter (though I've gotten some very sweet belly rubs) than my 4-year-old niece kissing my belly. 

That warmed this Momma's heart.

1 comment:

Mo said...

Aww... So sweet :) Imagine her excitement at not only being a big sister, but having a new little cousin too!