Sunday, March 20, 2011

Our boy's got rhythm!

No wait, just hiccups. 

I was never so happy to have my little peanut moving around so wildly a week or so ago that he woke me up, and when I realized the consistent rhythm of his movement (similar to what I had felt the night before), I realized that our boy may not be the next best drummer, instead he had the cutest hiccups this Momma has ever experienced!!

My own hiccups are quite loud and violent (I annoy myself!) but my little guy's are... adorable.  :)

Next on the cute list was my dear husband when he felt his son move inside my belly for the first time.  I've been trying to have him feel it for weeks, but every time he comes over and puts his hand on my belly, the kid gets stage fright.  But yesterday, I woke up to my little acrobat doing quite the routine!  So, I quietly reached over, and without a word, put John's hand on my belly.  We had been lying in bed awake for awhile but hadn't spoken yet, so when I made this motion, he gave me the sweetest look of anticipation.  Suddenly, our baby kicked, John gasped and said aloud, "Well I felt that!" 

The smile on his face was sheer joy, and as he climbed over me, he wrapped his arms around my neck and told me that he fell in love with me all over again in this very instant.  He pulled back, kissed me, and followed it up with, "and I'm sure glad that's inside you and not me!"  THERE'S the man I love!!  Haha!

No comments: