Monday, February 7, 2011

Perspective

I thought today was going to be a really great day: I finally had a good night’s sleep, which hasn’t happened in about 3-4 months.

However, after rolling over in bed, I had the overwhelming feeling that I was going to be sick—and I was.

I recovered and mustered up the strength to shower, then immediately got sick again after stepping out, still dripping wet.

I regained my strength again and went downstairs for a shake, discouraged and emotional, but pushed through.

This morning dragged on and it seemed to take me forever to get ready. I finally left the house after 9:00am.

On the way in to work, I came across a very bad accident involving a small car and BIG truck and lots of emergency vehicles.

We were detoured, which made my commute longer, adding to my stress and frustration.

Then, I pulled up behind a cop car with someone in the back seat (you don’t see that often), and my mood changed…

Perspective.

The person in the back of that cop car is having a worse day than I. And, I wasn’t in that bad accident I saw before.

After pulling onto Colfax, I saw a fire truck pulled into a bank and paramedics walking inside. I’m not the person in the bank.

Perspective.

I pulled into the parking garage to go to work. I work at a hospital. I’m not here because I’m being treated.

Perspective.

I am blessed. I am so very blessed with an amazing husband, a baby on the way, a warm house and food and clothing.

I am blessed with the support of my family and many friends, and I have a good job to be proud of.

So what if I got sick this morning and don’t feel well today? I’m pregnant! And that is such a huge blessing!!!

Perspective.

2 comments:

LoLo said...

OH MY GOSH!! You're pregnant?!?!?!?!?! That is sooooo awesome!! I love you! Congratulations! Oh and guess what??? I'm pregnant too :)

Mo said...

Love this post! It's so true, and such a good reminder. Much needed too :) I've been focusing lately on trying to spend time each day to remember how much I have to be thankful for. When I sit down and make a list, I'm always blown away at how many things I can write down, things that are so easy to overlook if I don't make the conscious effort to focus on them. I've found that doing so also makes the less-than-appealing aspects of my day much easier to deal with too.